A family medical care center
A family medical care center is different from other types of medical centers. The modern-day medical industry has lots of specialties and subspecialties. However, family medical care centers focus on general health care. A family medical doctor can provide you with assistance for all types of health problems. Your family doctor will be aware of your health history and understand your requirements better.
A family medical doctor examines the whole body, not just one organ. They are trained to treat people of all ages and all health conditions. This is why around 50% of American patients visit a family medical care center every year (according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Another reason people prefer a family medical care center is that a personal and lasting patient-doctor bond is formed, making a patient feel more comfortable when discussing various health problems.
So, whether you need just a shot or feeling some serious health problem, you can always visit a family medical care center. It might be better than rushing straight to the Emergency Room.
A vast range of expertise
As mentioned earlier, family medicine doctors have expertise in many fields and can treat people of all ages: elderly, infants, adults, and children. Therefore, one doctor can treat all the people in your family. This allows the doctor to create a better relationship with the patient. Moreover, a family doctor’s vast expertise can help save money as it eliminates the need to access additional healthcare. This will help in saving time as well.
Here are some of the key areas for which you can consult a family medical center:
- A family medical care center can help you get treatment for minor injuries.
- A family medical care center can help you by diagnosing any illness and treating it.
- A family medical care center can help you by providing timely health check-ups and performing various screening tests.
- A family medical care center can help you by giving shots and vaccines, including vaccination of infants.
- A family medical care center can help you by offering disease prevention, detection, and management.
- A family medical care center can help you by providing treatment for various serious health conditions, like diabetes, arthritis, cardiovascular issues, high blood pressure, etc.
- A family medical care center can help you by performing minor surgical procedures (only a few).
- A family medical care center can help you by offering preventative services like wellness screenings or biometric screenings.
- A family medical care center can help you by assessing all health risk issues.
- A family medical care center can help you by performing all necessary tests required before surgery.
- A family medical care center can help you by offering advice on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- A family medical care center can help you maintain the right body weight.
- A family medical care center can help treat women’s health problems, including taking gynecologic exams and offering preventive medicine.
- A family medical care center can help you by drawing blood from your body.
- A family medical care center can help you by doing an ECG and echocardiography.
- A family medical care center can help you by performing pulmonary function tests to check the condition of the lungs.
- A family medical care center can help you by performing diagnostic testing.
What family medical doctors can treat
The number of visits to your family medical care center strictly depends on your health condition. In most cases, doctors ask their patients to visit twice a year for regular check-ups. This helps to diagnose any illness at an early stage. However, people with chronic health conditions will be asked to visit more frequently. These include hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular issues, etc. A family medical care center can also help in treating:
- Various types of allergies
- Bronchitis and various other lung issues
- Seasonal flu
- Infection in your throat
- Whiplash (a neck injury)
- Various types of minor injuries, like 1st and 2nd degree burns, bites from dogs or other animals, sprains, strains, other sports injuries, etc.
- Vomiting and diarrhea due to food poisoning or any other reason.
- Pain in the back, neck, or any other region.
- Gastronomical issues, and many more.
Advantages of a family medical care center
There are many advantages of a family medical care center. You do not always have to rush to the ER. A lot of health problems can be solved at the family medical care center. This will allow you to save time and money. Also, a single doctor will be able to treat various health issues, and you will not have to visit multiple doctors for different health problems. In case you need the attention of a specialist, your family medical doctor will provide references. The doctor-patient relationship is the biggest advantage, as patients need to feel completely comfortable before starting the treatment process.
Family medical center in Port Richey and New Port Richey, Florida
If you are looking for great quality healthcare services for yourself and your family, Family Medical Center can help. We offer a wide range of services that include preventing, detecting, and managing various illnesses for people of all ages. Our well-trained and experienced experts can provide personalized care for all your healthcare needs. If you want to learn more about our various services or book an appointment, call us at (727) 375-5885 for New Port Richey or (727) 861-7043 for Port Richey!